Oakville Job Opportunity - Assistant Manager
Location: Ten Thousand Villages, 226 Lakeshore Road East Oakville,ON
The Assistant Manager will assist the Store Manager in all duties related to managing a Ten Thousand Villages store. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager will be responsible for all store operations.
Other Job Information:
This full-time position reports directly to the Store Manager. Some extra time (especially in the Christmas season and during special promotional events) is expected. Most duties will be performed in the store.
Main Job Duties:
(Listed duties are illustrative, not restrictive.) As directed by the Store Manager:
- Plan, organize and execute major floor and/or window changes, promotional events
- Responsible for the selling floor, work with volunteers and other staff to build sales
- Assist the Store Manager with the following:
- Recruiting, selecting, training and scheduling volunteers
- Keeping the store neat, clean and attractive to customers
- Obtaining cash at the bank when needed for the register and making bank deposits when asked to do so by the manager
- Operate the computerized cash register and inventory system. Handle returns, customer complaints and special requests.
- Deliver good customer service:
- Act on customer requests with a sense of urgency
- Keep customers fully informed by providing timely updates of products and availability
- Consistently follow through on commitments
- Manage the store in the manager's absence
- Develop a good working relationship with the volunteers
- Assist the store manager with promotional events and offsite sales
- Learn product and artisan information and share this with customers
- Assist with planning of educational meetings and events
- Open and close the store
- Actively participate in ongoing training and personal development
- Perform other duties as requested by store manager
- Knowledge and strong support of mission of Ten Thousand Villages and the principles of Fair Trade
- Experience and/or training in retail sales preferred
- Proven leadership ability
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven good customer service skills
- Proficiency with current computer software
- Proven experience with visual merchandising.
- Full-time, flexible to the store’s demand
- Normal downtown retail business hours including evenings and weekends
- Available to cover vacation for manager and oversee general operations of the store.
- This position is eligible for a full benefit package as per Ten Thousand Villages Human Resources Policy.
Resumes and cover letters will only be accepted in electronic format. Please submit to Oakville@villages.ca by April 1, 2016.