No nuts, no coffee, nothing added to these brownies to distract from the main attraction - dark chocolate and cocoa. Take care not to overcook, brownies are meant to be gooey in the middle - its what makes them so gorgeous to eat!
Makes 24 pieces
- 2 x 100g bars Divine dark chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten to mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 8 x 10-inch baking tin greased and base-lined
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Break up the dark chocolate. Put into a heatproof bowl and melt gently.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool until needed.
- Put the butter and sugar into the bowl of a food mixer and beat until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla essence. Spoon the cooled melted chocolate onto the mixture then mix in thoroughly.
- Sift the flour and cocoa onto the mixture and gently stir in. When completely combined spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in the heated oven for about 20 minutes until firm to the touch but still a bit fudgy – the chocolate will continue to cook slightly for a few minutes after coming out of the oven.
- Remove the tin from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Leave to cool completely before cutting into pieces. Delicious eaten warn with ice cream.
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 4 days.